Over the course of the pandemic, federal agencies like the Center for Disease Control (CDC) in the United States and Health Canada have been urging the general public to continuously adhere to the following health and safety measures to mitigate, slow down, and prevent COVID-19 transmission:
- Practice good hygiene that includes frequent hand washing and sanitizing
- Wear a mask or face covering in public places
- Maintain a physical distance of at least six feet or two meters from other people in public
- Cough or sneeze into your elbow
- Refrain from touching your nose, mouth, or eyes in public places
While most people have been closely following these recommendations, it’s not always enough. Infectious disease and HVAC experts also recommend installing a state-of-the-art air purification system to further prevent the spread of COVID-19.