Whole House Iron Water Filters
Whole House Iron Water Filters
There are many benefits to installing a whole house iron water filter from Georgian Water and Air. A state-of-the-art whole house iron removal water system ensures that your family will have safe, clean, and fresh-tasting water at all times. Our advanced water purifiers can be used for all kinds of residences including houses and cottages as either a Point of Entry (POE) or Point of Use (POU) device depending on your needs.
What Are Whole House Iron Water Filters?
Whole house iron water filters consist of an oxidizing media bed. The media bed catches soluble iron precipitates as water filters through. These iron precipitates are then converted into an insoluble state, so that they can be trapped by the filter, resulting in water that’s completely free of iron.
Why You Need Whole House Iron Water Filters
Hard water caused by high iron content in residential water systems is the leading culprit for some of the most common water issues your home has. Signs of high iron content in your residential water include:
- Foul-smelling water directly from your tap
- Tap water that’s cloudy or discoloured (yellowish-brown)
- Water that leaves behind a white chalky residue
- Mineral stains throughout your home (also known as water marks)
- Water marks or spots left on dishes in the dishwasher
- Weak water pressure from your taps, shower, and toilets
- Filminess on your skin and hair every time you wash them
- Clothes that come out of the laundry machine with dirt, discolouration, or stains
If you notice any of these signs while using water in your home, then you should arrange to have your residential water tested immediately. Although drinking hard water doesn’t necessarily have any negative health effects, it can seriously damage your home’s piping system over long periods of time.
Mineral buildup from hard water with a high iron content starts in your pipes. It can block seamless water passage through the pipes, causing some or a lot of the water to become trapped. In the winter, this water will freeze and it could cause your pipes to burst.
These blockages also cause extremely low water pressure, which forces your appliances to work extra hard to perform simple functions and use up more electricity in the process.
Features of Our Whole House Iron Water Filters
- Two ¾” Big Blue Housings connected in series and mounted on a bracket.
- Pre-assembled system, saving installation time
- Inlet/Outlet Ports – ¾” NPT
- High Capacity 20 Micron Sediment Filter (20″) for sediment reduction
- High Capacity 10 Micron Carbon Filter (20″) for chlorine taste and odor reduction
- Maximum Flow Rate – 10 GPM
- Max Inlet Pressure – 100 psi
- Water Temperature Range – (4.4º C to 62.8º C)
- Maximum Dimension – 16″ x 9″ x 27″
- Pressure Gauges (0 to 100 psi) installed at inlet and outlet of the unit for pressure drop monitoring of the device. High pressure drop indicates that the replacement filters needs to be changed.
- Ball Valves included in the accessories for ease of operation
- Sump Wrench for ease of installation of cartridge filters
- System Mounting Hardware included
Benefits of Whole House Iron Filters
- Reduce rust particles
- Eliminates odour and taste of chlorine in water
- Reduces pre-RO filtration
- Make iron insoluble
- Removes sediment that causes bad taste and odour
Get Whole House Iron Water Filters in the GTA
If you’re looking for “iron water filter suppliers near me”, then you’ve come to the right place. Georgian Water and Air is one of the leading water filtration and purification companies serving residential properties across Ontario. Book a consultation today!